Festival of Faiths
Center for Interfaith Cooperation is a community that pursues peace through interfaith understanding and cooperation.
Since its formation in 2011, CIC has built up a large, robust, and diverse network of trusted relationships with Central Indiana congregations, colleges and universities, and civic and community organizations.
Center for Interfaith Cooperation provides safe environments, resources, and opportunities for service to increase religious literacy, build empathy between faiths, and facilitate interfaith encounters.
Every year CIC organizes Indy Festival of Faiths, Indiana’s largest one-day celebration of our diverse religious landscape. Over the past eight years, the festival has steadily grown in the number of organizations participating, the number of people in attendance, and the diversity of activities offered.
The 9th annual Indy Festival of Faiths will be virtual Sunday September 26th, 2-4pm. The theme for this year’s festival is “Sharing Gifts of Faith: Compassion, Resilience, & Hope.”
Interested in winning a prize of $300/$200/$100 and seeing your video featured at the Festival of Faiths? Here’s how to enter:
**This contest is open to anyone under 21 years old. Multiple creators can enter together but must split the prize evenly among team members.**
- Be creative! Use the recording device of your choice to create a short video (90 seconds or less) interpreting the 2021 Festival of Faiths theme: “Sharing Gifts of Faith: Compassion, Resilience, & Hope.” Be sure you have permission to use any pictures or music you’re using.
- Upload your video with the hashtag #giftsoffaith
- Send the link as well as the name, age, and contact information of the video creator(s) to Aimee Formo at firstname.lastname@example.org before Sept. 20 at 11:59 p.m.
The selection committee will select winners based on creativity, interpretation of the festival theme, and community connectivity. The top 10 winning videos will premiere virtually during the Festival of Faiths on Sept. 26 and appear on CIC’s website and social channels.
As with all of our work at CIC, this event would not be possbile withot all the support from our community partners!
2021 Festival of Faiths Sponsors/exhibitors
- Ascension St. Vincent Hospital
- Second Presbyterian Church
- Christian Theological Seminary
- Don Knebel – Founding Board Chair
- Hindu Temple of Central Indiana
- Jain Center of Central Indiana
- Jennifer & Rev. Brian Shivers & Family – Current Board Chair
- Light of the World Christian Church
- PNC Bank
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation
- Islamic Society of Indiana
- Jewish Community Relations Council
- Niagara Foundation
- Charles A Wiles
- Congregation Beth-El Zedeck
- Judge David Shaheed & Family
- KP Singh
- Maria Pimentel-Gannon & Family
- The Wiles Family
- Dr. Vimal Patel
- Bethany Theological Seminary (BTS)
- Chaplaincy, Indianapolis International Airport
- Earlham School of Religion (ESR)
- Eckankar, the Path of Spiritual Freedom
- Franklin College
- Hoosier Interfaith Power & Light
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Indianapolis Family Church
- Indiana Multifaith Network
- Indianapolis Muslim Community Association
- Indiana Pagan Community Outreach and Dialogue, Inc.
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
- Spirit & Place
- Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Indianapolis
- St. Monica Catholic Church
- The Way Church
- Wisdom of the Vedas